Heimdall / Mexicana
Heimdall is a small, very compact and strikingly dark magic truffle variety.
This variety’s magic mushrooms, were famously analyzed by Albert Hofmann in 1958, leading to the discovery of psilocybin.
Alias: Psilocybe Mexicana, Pandora
- Is one of the oldest varieties
- Often underestimated due to its small size
- Goes down very nicely with e.g. salted nuts
- Was first discovered in Mexico
- Psilocyve Mexicana is the origin of R. Gordon Wasson’s article “Seeking the magic mushroom“
- Should be stored in the fridge and used within 1-2 weeks, the sooner the better
The psychedelic effects
- Heightened perception of all 5 senses
- Often strong bouts of laughter
- Very colorful visuals
- Strongly relaxing body high
- Strong emotions and catharsis
- Temporary feeling of one-ness (“ego death”)
Keep in mind
- Never embark on a high dose experience in an unsafe environment.
- How well you chew can make or break your experience.
For extensive guidance and preparation, check our articles Set & Setting of a psychedelic experience
It is common for the onset of the experience to come with mild “side effects”.
You may feel:
- Sensitivity to noise, light and cold
- Upset stomach
Heimdall is known as the “shining god” and famously watches over the rainbow bridge Bifrost between worlds.
The prowess of his senses surpasses all imagination; he hears the wool grow on sheep and can see for hundreds of miles.
Nowadays his name is mostly associated with watchfulness, foresight and the passage into different realms.